CRAJES is a creative team composed by Carla Rendón and Jessica Ruiz.
We got together as a team on 2009, we began our wanderings with experimental animation shorts, with time our bonding has increased giving place to a more consistent line of work.
We are self taught, we came from Psychology and Philosophy studies which became very handy on our later work.
Our style could be considered Lowbrow or Surrealistic Pop and our artistic philosophy always come from a concept that might be shown or neglected at the final shape of our work.
We consider ourselves multidisciplinary, we came to think that because we have done projects that include very different media and we have covered pretty much the whole spectrum of techniques including animation, video art, digital art, fineart, illustration, wall painting and sculpture.
We have been influenced by many things, movies, comic books, music … and social aspects that concern us and try to give expression to manifest ourselves through our work using imagination to disseminate our thoughts.
Experimental animation “AMOK”
- ZINEBI 2009
- FANCINE 2009
- BARRAINKUA 2009
- VISUALSOUND 2009
- SHOTS 2009
- FILMETS 2010. Winners of Venus Badalona a mejor producción 2010.
- LACDA. Top 40. LA. June.
- The Hive Gallery. LA. Group Show. July
- Moleskine FAD. Barcelona. Group show. October.
- Bartcelona. Premio internacional de arte contemporáneo. Winners second price. Barcelona. October.
- Atticus Gallery. Doom generation. Barcelona. Solo show. October.
- BAC 11.0. Videoart. Casa Asia. Barcelona. November.
- Niños consentidos. Experimental animation. Barcelona. November.
- Bartcelona. Sala Mercè Sala. Barcelona. December- january.
- ANTI-SUBASTA. Corretger 5. Barcelona. Group Show. December.
- Postales desde el Limbo. Zaragoza. Group Show. December.
- M2. Sa Fàbrica. Menorca. Group Show. December- February.
- Wallpaper. A&D. Barcelona. Group Show. February.
- Tianguis d’Art. CMTV. Barcelona. Group Show. February.
- SWAB 2011. Colaboration with CONCEPTA BARCELONA. February.
- "Welcome to the dollhouse" Mito Gallery. Solo show. Barcelona. March.
- RESKATE. Barcelona. Group Show. La Pan Gallery. April.
- RESKATE. Berlin. Group Show. Pantocrátor Gallery. April.
- Post it show Barcelona. Atticus Gallery. Barcelona. May. Artist and Curators.
- SWAB (Art Fair Barcelona). Mito Gallery. May.
- LOOP (Videoart Fair Barcelona). Mito Gallery. May.
- Dear Japan NY. Art Connects NY. Group Show. NY. June.
- "Lucy in the mad with Manson" Group show. Sho Bcn Gallery. Barcelona. July. Curator and artist.
- “Arte efimero”. Las cigarreras. Contemporary Culture Center. Alicante. Group Show. August.
- El refugi Artspace. Badalona. Solo show. November.
- “The garden of artifice” 3D mural and live painting for Concepta at The Brandery Fashion Fair. Barcelona. January
- ARTEFIERA (Art Fair Bologna). Mito Gallery. January
- The Corner Festival. Live painting. LA PLATAFORMA. Barcelona. February.
- Artbox Project. Curated by Etika Projects. Barcelona. May.
- SWAB (Art Fair Barcelona). Mito Gallery. May
-”Swab Toy´s by FLS” Custom Qee group show and charity project auction for Foundation Fighting Aids. Barcelona. May.
- Expo movida. Group show. July. Barcelona.
- "The great west coast migration" project by PANGEASEED. West coast tour: Roq la Rue, Spoke Art, LeBasse Projects, Grass hut. co, the Artery, Space 4 Art. July.
- Go with the flow. Group Show. Villa Bottini. Lucca. Italia. August.
- Vang! Baroque church live painting and exhibition. Menorca. August- september.
- Insiders. Group show. N2 Gallery. Barcelona. September.
- WeArt Festival Barcelona. Group show. MOB. Barcelona. We Artist 2012.
- "Tattoo the girl". Group show. Centro Mutuo. Barcelona. November.
-" Virgins of Perverseness". Solo show at Pablo Fort Gallery, Philippines. November.
- "A la voluptuosidad". Present prints. El Bigote del Sr. Smith. February- march. Barcelona.
- Colección de dibujos DKV. CDAN de Huesca. Fundación DKV. January- march.
- "Pretty girls". Group show. Above Second Gallery. Hong Kong. April.
- Solo show. N2 Galería, Barcelona. October-november.
Our work has been featured in: Hi-Fructose, Beautiful/decay, Juxtapoz, Proxart magazine, Lamono Magazine, Trend land, Fecal Face, Upperplayground, Citrus Report, Zupi, Coudal Partners, El Mundo Wallpaper, El magazine de La Vanguardia, Clone magazine, interviú, Big up magazine (NYC) …
in tv shows: Nines ruses, Continuará (Tve2), TvB, Plan B, Pop Ràpid (Tv3) TN Cultura (TV3)…
and in the documentary short film serie "Creative Space Barcelona" by filmaker Fernando Nikolic.